Do you have thick, coarse hair that is difficult to style? Perhaps you’re struggling with dry scalp and heat damage? If want to avoid using artificial products, there is a great alternative for you. Bentonite clay is a natural product that can give your hair the smooth and shiny look.
In this article, we will describe how to use bentonite clay for your hair and get the desired results in no time.
What Is Bentonite Clay
Bentonite clay is formed from aged volcanic ash. You can buy it in stores in the form of a powder. It is a great alternative to pharmaceuticals for numerous conditions. If you need it for your hair, you can easily make a mask from the powder, since the necessary ingredients are easy to find.
Bentonite clay is full of minerals that will help moisturize your hair and remove toxins from it. It works almost as a magnet. Along with other ingredients, it will protect your hair and supply it with essential minerals.
How to Make the Mask
- ¾ cup sodium bentonite clay
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 10 drops of an essential oil (lavender and rosemary are best choices)
- 1 cup brewed herbal tea (or water)
- First, you have to brew the tea
- Take out all of the leaves and use only the liquid part
- Next, mix the vinegar and tea in a bowl
- Slowly add the clay one spoonful at a time
- Mix everything until you get a smooth consistency
- Add essential oil if you’re using it
The mask is very easy to use. Once you take a shower, you can apply the mask to the hair, slowly massaging the scalp. Leave the mask for 5 minutes at least and then slowly rinse it off. You can leave it even longer, as long as it doesn’t dry on your hair.
When you use bentonite clay for your hair, it becomes silky and shiny. But more importantly, it gets lots of different minerals and rejuvenating moisture.